HVAC is the abbreviation that commonly denotes; Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning. It refers to the different machines, systems, and technologies used for air conditioning and humidity regulation. HVAC modifications are done in offices, homes, transportation systems and other public places to improve comfort.
HVAC specialists are people who are specially trained to carry out the installation and maintenance of HVAC systems.
The professional qualifications of HVAC specialists HVAC technicians undergo their training either by taking degree courses, certificate courses or apprenticeship programs. HVAC technicians handling hazardous material may be required to be insured. It is advisable to go for a licensed specialist, particularly when your state demands so.
HVAC professionals travel to different sites to provide air conditioning, refrigeration, ventilation or heating solutions. Though they undertake several specialties in their training, most of them choose to specialize in one area. This article will highlight the part they play in the installation and maintenance of AC systems.
The roles played by residential AC specialists in the maintenance of ACs in homes The longevity of your AC system depends on proper maintenance. A neglected system deteriorates with time, hikes your cooling bills, and eventually breaks down or gets severely damaged. You will need a residential AC specialist to handle the overall servicing and replacement of worn out parts. In the maintenance of your system, the AC specialist will:
1. Clean and remove clogged outdoor coils- Outdoor coils get very dirty especially if they are installed in a dusty or bushy environment. The dirt reduces airflow, thereby inhibiting the efficiency of the coil. While HVAC professionals are handy to help you with handling dirty, clogged coils, you could reduce their visits to your home by keeping the foliage near the coils short.
2. Check capacitors and compressor- Both the capacitors and compressors are located outdoors. The capacitors supply power to the compressor while the compressor provides the refrigerant necessary for heat exchange through the coils.
When the capacitors connected to the compressor weaken, they lead to a situation called ‘hand starting.' In hand starting, the AC struggles to switch on, only to go off moments later. This effort puts immense pressure on the AC and can lead to irreversible damage to the system.
If you have an HVAC specialist on contract, they will carry out a routine check on your capacitors and compressor, and they will alert you about possible problems before any damage occurs.
3. Change the filters- Clean filters prevent dirt from getting into the coils while dirty filters allow dirt to get into the coils, which could lead to clogging. It is important to have your AC filters changed at least twice per year or as per the advice of your HVAC professional.
How to hire an HVAC specialist 1. Check their license and qualifications- Most states require that HVAC professionals attain certain minimal qualifications, both in classwork and on the job training to obtain a license. An HVAC license holder, therefore, is professionally qualified.
2. Check their references and reviews- The HVAC specialist should present to you a list of customers they have worked for in the recent past. The list should include their contacts so that you can talk to some of them to ascertain the quality of work the specialist does. You can also check online for the reviews given by previous clients. If the specialist has a website, make a point to visit it and check their interaction style. Do they respond to questions? How are they handling customer complaints about their work?
3. Weigh their price estimates- It is advisable to have at least three detailed price quotations to compare when settling for an HVAC professional. Quotations will give you a reliable estimate of the cost and will inform your decision on whom to contract.
4. Draw a formal contract- Before the work starts, there should be a binding contract covering the work to be done and the cost. It should also include disclaimers if there are any.
How to protect yourself from possible accident liabilities HVAC professionals are in a high-risk occupation. They are predisposed to accidents like; falling off heights, electrocution, and exposure to harmful chemicals, hand injuries, neck injuries and heavy lifting strains. It is advisable that you check their insurance cover. The HVAC professional should carry their insurance liability to protect you from any liabilities in case an accident occurs when they are working for you. You do not want a legal battle with an uninsured specialist or their family as they try to seek compensation from you.
The role of HVAC professionals in air-conditioned residences cannot be overemphasized. To get the most out of your AC system, you will need to engage an HVAC professional. Regular servicing by a professional will eliminate the chances of the system breaking down without your knowledge. While you as the homeowner can carry out some maintenance tasks like regular dusting and clearing foliage, other maintenance routines will require an HVAC specialist. The technician will clean and remove clogged outdoor coils, check capacitors and compressors, change filters and also test the overall functioning of the system.
We also service all the cities throughout West Palm Beach FL in providing the most affordable local air conditioning repair solutions. Whether it is the city of Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, Lake Worth, or Riviera Beach, all of these cities are within our areas of service. Here are the Palm Beach County cities we offer our ac services and trusted repair solutions:
West Palm Beach (WPB)
Palm Beach Gardens
Lake Worth, Wellington
Royal Palm Beach
North Palm Beach
Palm Beach Shores
AC Repair West Palm Beach
South Palm Beach
Lake Clarke Shores
Jupiter Inlet Colony
If you live outside of Palm Beach County but would like our services because we're the top AC Repair Service company in West Palm Beach, please feel free to contact us here. We believe you deserve the best services, and we are happy that we can offer that. Thanks for considering us